Happy Christmas everyone, like most I’ll be taking a little blogging break and will be back soon ish. Don’t forget I have a linky running for you to link up any ‘review of the year’ type posts, you can find the post here, and I will visit and share all the posts that are linked on twitter too. For now, here are my answers to the festive tag!
1. What is your favourite Christmas film?
It’s got to be Home Alone, surely!
2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
No, not that I remember. I did have a white Birthday though once, and it ended up being a school snow day too!
3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
At home, with my mum visiting. When I was younger we went away to Spain over Christmas once, going swimming on Christmas day in an outside pool was novel! All the Spaniards were strolling around in fur coats though!
4. What is your favourite Christmas song?
Definitely ‘Fairytale of New York’ by the Pogues. If it’s a carol then probably Once in Royal David’s City.
5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
Not any more, when I was younger I used to be able to pick one present from under the tree, and when Athena is a little older we’ll start this tradition up again, but at 18 months she’s still a little young to really know what’s going on!
6. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Prancer, vixen, Rudolph, donner… dasher? No, I can’t. How many are there meant to be?
7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
Hmm, as a little family the only tradition we seem to have is that Sam works on Christmas day, sadly. So I guess the tradition is that we have a later than normal Christmas meal once he’s home!
8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Fake this year, and not very big either, but it’s up on a side table so seems bigger than it’s 4 foot! We’re going away on the 27th and I couldn’t face coming back to a dead tree and needles all over the place!
9. What is your all-time favourite holiday food/sweet treat?
Pigs in Blankets for savoury and for sweet then anything chocolatey, as I’m not really a fan of Christmas pudding or Christmas cake! Or trifle… bah humbug!
10. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I love choosing gifts for people, but I’d be telling porkies if I said I wasn’t happy to get gifts too!
11. What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
Hmmm, presents aren’t a big deal for our family. As in we don’t splash out unnecessarily on things just for the sake of gift giving, but I did get a bloody awesome bicycle when I was about 11 that my mum hid in our next door neighbours shed until the big day!
12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
New York, or San Francisco. Or possibly Lapland seeing as by next Christmas and forever more I will have two children to share it with! Maybe New York when they are older and have their own families to celebrate with!
13. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
The first 4 or 5 presents I wrap look amazing, it then gradually goes downhill until the paper just about keeps the present hidden. I get bored easily!
14. Most memorable Holiday moment?
My mum falling asleep mid sentence after a glass of red wine a few years ago… we had peace for a few hours! Haha, I jest… but Christmas is a generally low key affair so no majorly memorable moments really! That, or I have a bad memory?
15. What made you realize the truth about Santa?
I’m not even sure to be honest, but according to my mum I was about 6 when I said ‘but HOW does he get round all the houses in the world in one night’ and stopped believing there and then. She had to tell me to keep my mouth shut at school!
16. Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
Not any more, I always failed to keep at them so I’ve decided not to bother. I did make a a few ‘blogolutions’ though to keep me on track blog-wise next year.
17. What makes the holidays special for you?
People, food and time off work!
Wishing you all a lovely Christmas, or for those who don’t celebrate then a lovely Bank Holiday with family!