I’ve noticed a few of the blogs in my feedly doing ‘resolution’ type posts for their blog, so thought I would jump on the bandwagon and hopefully give myself a kick up the behind. I am also not going to make any other new years resolutions, as I never really stick to them anyway!
In 2015 I plan to:
- Be less tough on myself if I go a few days without posting. Belle du Brighton is a personal blog, not a magazine. I’m sure my lovely readers won’t bugger off and desert me if I don’t post for a few days! I sometimes feel like I NEED to get a post up, and therefore that post is rushed and not what I’d like to be. Or I work solidly for a few days to schedule a week of posts, sit back and relax and then suddenly the week is over and I feel the pressure again, so daft! Also lets face it, I’ll have a new baby fairly soon taking up lots of my time! Going back to being a personal blog I want to blog more about me, my life, feelings and opinions.
- Better promotion. I tend to take so much on that by the time I’ve published a post that’s it, box ticked and I move onto the next thing. I forget to schedule a follow up tweet or to post to facebook. I’m probably missing out on some traffic and interaction by being lazy about this so I need to find the right balance, but obviously won’t be spamming your twitter feed with endless links (as I mute/unfollow these people and I’m sure others do too!) I need to spend more time on good content, and then promoting it rather than just publishing crap and never mentioning it again!
- Read more blogs. I always put this off, although often spend time procrastinating on twitter instead. I need to whittle down the blogs on my feedly to ones that I really love and aim to comment on at least 10 blogs a day, and hope to find some more favourites to add too!
On-going ‘series’ I plan to continue/start:
- I already try and do my ‘Stuff on a Sunday’ post each week, and will continue to do so (hopefully!) as a nice little weekly capture to look back on.
- ‘In January I…’ I kind of stopped doing these when I got better at doing the weekly posts, but I think I will restart them but change the format a little, instead I’ll share a few of my favourite posts of the month from my own blog, and from other peoples blogs too (like my long forgotten ‘Linkography’ series. I’ll also include books I’ve read, TV shows and films I’ve been enjoying too.
- ‘Siblings’ This is a monthly linky that obviously I can’t start until Athena’s sibling arrives, and ‘Me and Mine’ too. These are both photo challenges to keep a record of your family throughout the year. I personally don’t like posts with just a photo so would only join in when I have something to say, and quite possibly as part of my weekly or monthly posts. I am also going to be taking part in #52Memories which I will blog about more in the new year.
- More style & beauty posts. I used to love outfit posts, but being pregnant means my choices are somewhat limited, and I’ve not bought many new maternity clothes and showed quite a few during my last pregnancy! I’d like to do at least one beauty or style post a month, if not more!
Name – I’m not sure I want to keep being Belle du Brighton. I don’t actually live IN Brighton any more (very close by though, so it still counts!) but we do eventually plan to move to Norfolk, so I’d have to change it then anyway! I do love my blog name for now, but need to start thinking about a name change at some point!
As I wrote about before, I will be using a ‘Busy Life’ diary from Busy B. Each week is split into two sides, so I’ll be using a page for personal and a page for blog notes and deadlines etc! I might also investigate some blogging printables, but I’ve tried to use them in the past and given up fairly quickly, so might design a notebook or similar instead.
I’m excited to keep on top of blogging into my fifth year (I started in 2011!) but most importantly to enjoy it (and to have a break when I’m not!)
What are your blogolutions?