Finally summer seems to be round the corner, I’ve already got a little bit of a tan (okay, a few freckles) and have been fighting with the old gradual tan moisturisers (they still streak I tell you!) and I’ve been living in flip flops for a couple of weeks already! However I am mostly still in jeans and layered tops because I’m breastfeeding Arlo a lot during the day and not just at night.
Last summer I was still lumpy and bumpy post birth, and although I am still fairly lumpy now I need to just embrace how I look and stop worrying about being ‘summer ready’ because I’ll never look like the models do in magazine shoots anyway! Instead I am going to wear things I am comfortable in. Something that won’t show my bum if I bend over to push swings in the park and something that is a lot lighter than jeans! I’ve been browsing the selection of Maxi Dresses on the House of Fraser website and have come up wit a selection of five that I think would probably cover every summer occasion!
- Mela Loves London – I just LOVE all the colours, which is surprising as I’m more of a muted florals or monochrome sort of gal!
- Chi Chi London – the perfect party dress. I love the floaty layers and a halter neckline is always flattering I think!
- Linea – I love the bold pansy print and and the cinched in waist, plus I think this culd easily be dressed up or down
- Yumi – Perfect for a day at the beach, or even on holiday! Dreaming of a warm holiday abroad at the end of the summer just as it starts to cool down…
- Biba – Style icons of the 70’s wore Biba, my mother included! truth be told I just love the chevron print!
Are you a maxi dress fan? I often have to have them taken up as I am a little on the short side but I love how easy they are to wear!
This is a collaborative post, all words and opinions are my own.