My mum gave me an early Christmas present of two cute makeup bags this week in preparation for my holiday, and because Sam is working over the weekend before I go I’ve been attempting to pack a little bit up each evening so it’s not a major rush, so last nights task was skin & hair care packing!
- Miracle mattifier moisturiser by Good Things. This was a TK Maxx bargain and not only does it smell like a blackcurrant smoothie and is perfect for my weird combination skin, absorbing excess oil, so perfect for under foundation or BB cream.
- SPF 30 face cream, to protect my face (and the tops of my ears!) in the hopefully hot hot sun! I’ve got a factor 20 for my body too, don’t worry!
- Green People Lip Primer,that I’ve been using as a lip balm, I love the Carnauba wax, it leaves my lips so soft no matter how much I use it!
- 3-in-1 Cleansing Water from Bee-Good, it takes off make-up, and cleanses and tones all in one go, so no need for three products! I’ve been using it for almost a month now and there is plenty left, so a little goes a long way!
- Elizabeth Arden 8-hr cream. An old favourite, and now in a pot rather than a tube (which I don’t really like as it means sticking your fingers in the tub but hey ho, it was a gift so I shouldn’t complain!) and is perfect for so many things, taming eyebrows, putting on dry patches, on spots overnight, to sooth dry hands and cuticles and even as a lip balm.
- Quickies – for mess and liquid free nail polish removal, obviously.
- And lastly a variety of sample sachets, I always rip them out of magazines and often get them in goody bags, they’re perfect for when you have to fit all your liquids into that little clear plastic bag, not that I do this time actually but I need to start using them up! I’ve got a couple of Green People skin exfoliators and a Kerastase hair mask
- There will also be a nail file and a pair of tweezers added in before I go, only I need them between now and then, and have duplicates of the rest!
I seem to be veering towards chemical-free and organic beauty companies, and nothing wrong with that!
For my hair it’s so simple there was no point in snapping a photo! My current favourite combined shampoo and conditioner (in a handily small bottle, cheers poundland!) and some Trevor Sorbie serum for taming flyaways and helping to detangle when damp. Those two, some hair bands and a tangleteezer is it for hair care!
What’s your holiday essential? What am I missing?