A few weeks back I was sadly unable to be at the launch of the new Silver Cross Reflex, their newest addition to the range. I was sent through some images and details after the event and have just had a chance to look through and thought I’d share the info in case anyone is on the lookout for a new pushchair and as part of my new series ‘The Buggy Chronicles’.
Firstly, the array of colours that the Reflex comes in is impressive! I personally love the raspberry colour but would be a bit wary of getting such a girly colour as what if the next baby (whenever that may be!) is a boy? But onto more important features…
- LED safety lights and reflectors for better visibility on dark mornings and evenings,
- Hood with spf 50 uv protection and a zip out ventilated extension for full shade coverage
- converts to rear facing pram with newborn pack so can be used from birth to 25kg
- compatible with simplicity car seat
- weighs 8.5kg so is easy to carry
- umbrella fold (with bumper in place)
- footmuff, raincover, shopping basket and car seat adaptors included
- adjustable calf rest and smooth no noise seat recline to flat.
- puncture free tyres
- adjustable height handles
What I like about this pushchair is that it looks so much more comfy that our current stroller (a 2nd hand mamas and papas pipi) and as comfy as our every day pushchair! The padded seat and longer leg rest mean extra comfort for baby, and I like that there are different positions for the shoulder straps (unlike our current stroller, where the straps dig into Athena’s cheeks when she falls asleep with her head to one side because they start so high up! I also like that the liner is removable to wash, no more scrubbing rusks off the seat with baby wipes! Obviously the plus point for me would be the compact fold which looks so much easier than our chunky every day buggy that needs to go in the car in 2 parts (and takes two hands to fold!) and needs the wheels taking off if there is anything else in the boot.
The Reflex goes on sale in March and will be available from Silver Cross online and also John Lewis. The Reflex has an rrp of £250.